CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama

Do you like to go home? To the place you grew up? Do you miss the sights and smells of your childhood?
We travled to Alabama on Thursday...in the TRUCK :O. The suburban was dead and would not take us on our beloved trip so we took my truck. Ohhhh myyyyy. Let's just say it was a tight squeeze. Luckily , we did not meet any rain as all our luggage was in the back of the truck. The kids did very well, the best they have ever done as a matter of fact. I finished one of our read alouds-that was an accomplishment in my eyes. Had we been in the 'burb' I would not have been able to read as I would have to scream so the boys could hear me in the back.

We saw the first dogwood tree in Georgia. I really miss seeing dogwoods in bloom. Seeing those white flowers lets one know that spring is coming when you live in Alabama. My anticipation was building to see my parents farm in bloom...the whole mountainside.

Unfortunately , I only took one pic of a dogwood while there. Geee, for someone who wanted to see them, I sure didn't photo them...

We went to our home church, Harvestfield, on Easter. What a joy to see all our old friends.
A smile went over my face and my heart warmed when I saw the Bruce family, having been through so much over the past 3 years. Mark Bruce was shot in the head, by mistake , before hunting in fall of 2006. He underwent months in the hosp learning to care for himself , walk , talk etc.
He passed his driving test on Good Friday. My understanding was that it was quite an intense undertaking..lots of test, driving etc.
My heart just warmed when I saw him and Angela lifting their hands to the Lord in praise.
Truely prayers answered.

0 comments: