CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

May freedom fly...




In AL, one true joy was in January to go to Guntersville State Park (in the freezing temps) and see the bald eagles. That was about the only time an Alabamian could see one in the wild.


So, imagine how excited I was when I realized that bald eagles were very popular in population here in central Florida.


Now, I will warn you.. I am a huge nature freak. I love all things in nature. I enjoy teaching my children about bugs, snakes, critters and birds. EVEN, if I am not sure about a critter, I still have great joy just watching with my kids. Since being here I have seen dozen of bald eagles, turkeys, deer, coral snakes (another story about stinky husband mowing grass and capturing one...), a plethera of frogs and amphibians and the list goes on.


My 16 yr old neighbor informed me that the 2 bald eagles have returned to our trees, in....my.....back...yard.....HOLEY SMOLEY!!!! Bald eagles in my pine trees????? This is a dream come true!!!!
Just look at those talons....unbelievable.
AM I the only one who gets teary eyed seeing an eagle? Bald eagle, american flag, military and FREEDOM all run hand in hand in my book!






0 comments: