CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Core 1 arrives

After much prayer and discussions with Pat, we decided that Nathan needed to be in Core 1 of Sonlight. Nate was having the hardest time keeping up the pace along with Jon Tyler. The decision was a hard one as schooling two from one core would be much easier, saves money and saves me time. But it was not worth knowing that Nathan was falling behind . He was so lost in the stories and questions etc that he was left with his mind wandering (not a good thing for Nate LOL).


Core 1 came on Saturday but we had our family here. We opened it last night. My neighbor girls (who Pat warmly calls his second daughters ) were here. I am not sure who was most delighted, Nate or the girls.

First---I love the new binders. They are so cool!!!!!!

some pics
He carried this book to the table to read at supper. He didn't put the book down til bedtime.

Nate and Ashley discussing a book

Jon Tyler was caught in the box getting books and taking to the living room to read them :). I think he is as excited to get new books in the house as Nate is lol

I know it was the right decision. It might mean more time from me, but that is ok. Thanks goodness we all love Sonlight in this house.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Core 1 is great! My boys loved it and I am sure your students will too.